For the past several years, I have been the Design Director for New Frontier, where I created a wide variety of digital and print marketing materials for corporate and non-profit clients. Prior to that, I was the Webmaster for The Newark Museum, and earlier, worked in marketing and usability research for pioneering children’s online media company, MaMaMedia.com.
I earned a doctorate in Instructional Media and Technology from Teachers College, Columbia University, where I focused on constructionist learning, usability research, and virtual museums. I also have a master’s degree in Educational Technology from Lehigh University (where I built my first Web site, almost 25 years ago), and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania. My graphic design and fine arts education includes classwork at The University of the Arts (Philadelphia), The School of Visual Arts (NYC), and The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey.
According to my two teenagers, I am probably the meanest mom in Short Hills, NJ.TOOLS
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- WordPress (including HTML)
- Pencil, paper, marker, XActo, ModPodge…
- Hermes Creative Awards: Gold Award for Logo Design (Network of Jewish Human Service Agencies logo)
- NJ Ad Club Award of Excellence for Digital Media: Not for Profit/Pro Bono Work
- NJ Ad Club Award of Excellence for Logo, Consumer
- Elihu Rose Fellowship (WNET/Thirteen)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Fellowship